Classes & Workshops
I'm available to teach a variety of classes & workshops in sketching, lettering, watercolor, and/or nature journaling. Classes are very affordable and can be structured to fit almost any subject, schedule, or age, and can even be tailored for school-age, credit-based programs. A few examples of past workshops are listed below. To discuss the arrangement of a class or workshop, please contact me.
If you live in the North Carolina High Country area, I also host a nature sketching group. You can find out more about High Country Nature Sketchers meetings and membership here.
- The Art of Birding
- Identifying & Sketching Trees/Insects/etc
- Capturing Seasonal Landscapes
- Creating a Botanical Field Journal
- Illustrative Garden Journaling
- Journaling with Ink & Watercolor
- Lettering 101
- Illustrative Bible Journaling
- The Science of Nature Study
- Mycology: Identifying, Studying, & Sketching Mushrooms
- Watercolor 101
- And more!
For Educators & Children
I'm a longtime educator and homeschooling parent who enjoys encouraging others who wish to incorporate nature studies into their curriculums and programs. Various workshops and classes can be tailored to specific needs. Some examples are:
- Encouraging the Gentle Art of Nature Study
- Nature Study 101: Getting Started
- Nature Exploration with the Senses (young ages)
- The Science of Nature (middle to high school level)
- Hands-On Biology (labs for high school level)
You can also learn more about nature study for children through my series of articles.